Monday, April 20, 2009

Emma

Emma has been obsessed with cats. Probably her favorite movie is Disney's "The Aristocats". She loves to run around and sing "everybody wants to be a cat." She loves the part of the movie when the cat, voiced by Phil Harris, jumps from a tree down on the windshield of a truck to get it to stop. But there's more. She likes to wear socks both on her feet and on her hands. Those are her kitty paws. (Don't worry, the socks come off her hands when we go out in public). Milk is "kitty milk" to her. Lately, though, she has been calling Cheryl, "mama cat" and she and her sister are "baby cats". I'm a dog or a pig, depending on which daughter is asked. The girls sometimes call Jonathan a "baby cat" or a dog. Well, I am sure, in time this obsession will fade away. She knows she is a little girl and not a cat. It's fun to see her little pretend world. I wonder what will be next.

No comments: