




We set out to have a quiet weekend around the house. We were going to spend some time in the garden, work around the house, clean up the house, and play with the kids. Yesterday, we played with the kids early in the morning. Then we went to church. Playing with the kids is being the referee as they barrel down the hallway chasing each other for various infractions.
We went to church. Then we went to Riverside Park in Berlin after we picked up a picnic lunch at McDonald's. The kids played on the playground equipment and then ate lunch between playing. We went home. We continued playing with the kids off and on.
On Labor Day, we lounged around the house for several hours. Doug and I were determined to spend a quiet day at home. By 2:00, Doug wanted to go to get coffee. About an hour later, I went to Green Lake Haddie Shore beach. Emma sat in her stroller and sipped on koolaide as Laura wandered as deep as she could. She would fall over and then float on her life jacket. Sometimes she layed a back and loved kicking in the waves and other times she fussed. Emma tried finally to get into the water. She got her shorts wet. Promptly removed wet articles of clothes in full view. We went home. We had grilled Italian Chicken breast over tomato-mozarella sauce. I made it from my homegrown tomatoes.
We tried a new round of potty training with cotton undies. It was pathetic/funny. I spent most of the evening chasing one child off the potty, cleaning someone up, etc.
Potty training is an adventure. I don't want to even think about trying training the crew to drive. We had ice cream and the crew went to bed. Doug and I are watching some old MASH episodes. My parents are watching the kids as we plan to go to work on Tuesday.

No comments:
Post a Comment