Sunday, October 12, 2008

fall is here






We had another beautiful weekend here in Wisconsin. Doug's mother was here until last Thursday. We went to the Kingston House to have lunch followed by a drive through Amish country. We stopped by the grocery store. Afterwards, we went to to the furniature store and then briefly stopped by the quilt shop. I was able to get some chicken soup starter that I usually buy at the Amish/mennonite grocery store near my brother's in Tennessee.


Friday night after work, we went to see my parents. Mom watched the kids on Saturyday while we went to Blackhawk church in Verona for a Marriage retreat. We had a good time. Afterwards, we enjoyed driving through the beautiful fall colors in the countryside. We stopped at the Jefferson dam where I have fished in the past, Walmart, and an antique shop. We had a nice trip back to Mom and Dad's. We had a bbq with Mom and dad, David and Ellen, and our kids.


Today, Mom and I went to Milford Hills Hunt club for a lesson on sporting clays. It was fun. The instructor looked at wonder with my mother's gun from... many years ago. Gee I have not seen one of those around in awhile. We went to different stations to shoot clay pigeons. One was in the woods, one was uphill, another one was on a flat plain. The scenery was beautiful. We had a good time. I am not sure when we will have another time to get out like that again.

No comments: