Friday, August 29, 2008

Things around the town and the Harley's are returning to Milwaukee.

When last we heard from our intrepid explorers ... Alright, I'll stop. I know its been awhile since the last post. No pics this time.
Since last time:
1. Hudson seen the doctor.
2. Spent a couple of days at the inlaws. Kids went to a cool park that had a wooden fort like play structure. They had been there before.
3. Cheryl graciously allowed me to see Dark Knight. Very intense. It made the late 1980's version with Keaton and Nicholson look cartoonish. Heth Ledger's Joker was intense and scary. Always pushing Bats to see if he can make Batman become like he is, a murderous thug. In the Keaton and Nicholson version, Gotham City had cartoon like Art Deco look. This Gotham looks like a large American city. I thought that made it more frightening. Very good movie.
4. Went to an outdoor expo on the grounds of the EAA in Oshkosh.
5. I took the kids down to grandpa and grandma's house on Tuesday last. They had a great time.
6. Tomorrow we are going to the Dells for the day.
7. Next week, I will be going to a criminal law seminar in Green Lake. I go for free, which is great. I am short CLE credits and this will really help me. The Green Lake DA's office is putting this on and lots of District Attorney's, Assistant DA's, and cops and a Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice will be there. My inlaws are coming up on Tuesday to watch the kids for the day. I should be able to go to much of this.
8. The kids are having fun enjoying the end of the summer.
9. Several days ago, we were returning to Oshkosh on 41 from Green Bay, when we came across a Harley Davidson chapter from Ontario, Canada. They were obviously going to Harley Davidson's 105 Birthday celebration in Milwaukee. I figured they came across to Detroit or Sarnia and traveled across the Big Mac bridge to the UP into Wisconsin and down to Milwaukee. I'm not a biker, I'm more (if I can paraphrase Orwell), two wheel's bad, four wheel's good, but they looked like they were having the time of their life.

No comments: