Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Dells













We left late Wednesday night after a harried day trying to complete stuff at the office, etc. We had Little Caesars pizza and headed off to cheap hotel for the night. We took the children swimming. Emma would stand on the edge of the water ask to go in, but then run away the first chance that she got.
Doug went to his conference. The kids and I went for a swim on Thursday morning at the hotel. Then we loaded the van. Troop in the hotel room out to the van.. back to the hotel room because I forgot the keys.

It was funny. A lady at the front desk comment that "Looks like I need another child" I said that I would like another one.

We went to Baraboo for our yearly shopping trip. We had lunch at our favorite bakery off of the square. I ordered two cups of chicken soup, two ham sandwiches, and a beef sandwich. I cut the sandwiches in pieces I left one half sandwich. The kids devoured the sandwiches. The Continental breakfast of day old danishes must not have held the kids long. I went back to munch on the last half of a sandwich... the kids had eaten the sandwich innerds. I asked them where the innerds went and they had a collective laugh at me. Laura kept wanting to help in the kitchen.
Next stop was the candy store. We got a few pieces of candy.
Then we went to the toy store. I picked up a few things for their birthday.

We drove back to the new hotel. I put the kids and the luggage on a luggage cart. We went to an indoor gameroom. The kids loved playing on a two story foam ball pit. The first floor had vacuum for the foam balls and the second story had guns for the foam balls. it was funny to see the kids playing.

We met David, Ellen, and Hannah for supper at McDonalds. We had a good time.
Friday, the kids and I went swimming at the hotel, then we went cleaned out the room. We back to the indoor amusement park. The kids tried a bowling game. They have not learned to take turns quite yet. They thought turns meant two at a time throwing a ball down the alley.

After that we met Ellen at McDonald's and then went shopping at an outlet mall. Doug loved the one cup coffee maker that we found for 1.50.

We went to the Kalahari to look around while Doug completed his conference. We went home.

Saturday, Doug and I went to Ripon Christmas shopping. Sunday, we went church and played with the children. We made a construction paper tree. The children practiced their cutting skills so that they had made mulch out of some of my leaves. They had fun taping the leaves to everything in site.

We made chocolate milk, played with bubbles, read books, etc.

No comments: