Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Weekend











Cheryl was on call Saturday and Sunday, so I had the kids all weekend. Here is the breakdown.
Saturday: The kids and I went to a thrift shop and then to a park to play. Kind of cold and windy out, so we did not stay long. On the way back, I thought, what would my wife do next? Would she go home or do something "fun". I decided to swing by the cookie factory outlet store. They have free samples there and good cookies to buy. The kids were great, although, I had two in the double stroller. They all got some cookies, I bought some and we went home. When later I told Cheryl what I did, she laughed and said, "you can't do that, you have to be the responsible one.".
Sunday: cool, we went to the park in Green Lake. Had lunch at McDonalds.
Monday: parade in Fairwater, a little town about 8 miles south of here. The police came by and gave out flags. The parade had a local middle school band, some veterans, fire trucks, and a few other people. Candy was given out and the kids loved that. We then went a large park in Brandon, about 4 miles east. It had a lot of good playground equipment. The kids played and we ate a picnic lunch at a shelter there. Later, we cooked ribs and dogs on the grill.

UPDATE: My wife reminded me that I almost got punched out near the park the kids were at on Sunday. All over moving my wife's car. I think the other guy had been visiting with Jack Daniels.

No comments: