Yesterday, it was my day to "work" in the Green Lake County District Attorney's office. I am getting ready for a suppression hearing involving a drunk driver. He skated a couple of years ago when the judge dismissed the charge. So, the DA really wants to give this guy what he deserves. Here in Wisconsin, unlike any where else, first time DWI conviction is merely a fine, albeit a large fine. No jail time possible. After the first, then you can be sentenced to jail or probation. I also did jail call for the DA. This involves an initial appearance by the defendant and bond is set. The only difference between the jail call initial appearance and regular Monday initial appearance is this. All of the jail call people are wearing matching orange jumpsuits and they all ignored the summons to appear and the judge had issued a warrant. They were a mixed bag, some worthless checks who never bothered to pay the $112 and some more serious crimes such as burglary and other theft crimes.
Our basement is ready for a paint job. I unrolled a piece of carpet the other day on the area of the basement that we had before. That area is also going to be painted a different color. Then I have the other side to finish. Main part is done with now. Kids will be able to go and play downstairs soon.
Last evening, we all went up to Waupaca to meet with some of my old college friends. Kids were great and we had a great time there. Never mind about the Mapquest directions. Sorry, no pics. I forgot the camera. That is all folks.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment