Sunday, July 6, 2008

weekend





On the fourth, we went to a parade in Green Lake and a petting zoo. Emma liked the rabbits. She kept petting them in the cage. I think that she would have taken on home with her if she could.

On the fifth, we hung out at home, grilled out. Doug went to a Princeton parade. The kids and I hung out in the backyard and played. They love their slip and slide.

The basement is looking better. We have new carpet and paint...still not in place. I have 3/4 counters cleared off...

Today, we went to an outdoor service at church on the lake, then we had a picnic at church. After the picnic, we went to the Columbus antique mall. The kids were really good. We rode to the third story in a freight elevator. I could not find any really good furniture.

We went to Mullin's Dairy Bar in Watertown. Everybody had a little dipper...Emma, Hudson, and Laura ate some of my shake. We stopped by walmart-bought diapers... for more money that it was worth....

WE went to Cindy's house. We had a great time. Cookout and then seeing old friends. Every time that I would have the opportunity to talk to someone, a child needed something. The joys of parenting....

Drove home. Twins are learning to pull the knob to make it 'shower'. They pull the knob, get wet and giggle....then want to stay dry...

At communion today at church, the twins grabbed the 'bread'...I am not sure what the theological ramifications of having a three year old take communion before they are of age to understand...

No comments: